02 January 2009

Happy New Year


The view from our New Year's Booze Cruise


So unfortunately, (or is it fortunately), I dont have any photos from New Years Eve itself, but rest assured a great time was had by all! ;)

We were invited out to the Misverstand Dam by a Warwick, a friend of the bf's, and we happily agreed to go! Its a holiday resort with, well, a huge dam where people can waterski/wakeboard/swim/fish/etc. The last time I was there was around 9 years ago so I was keen to go back and see what had changed.

The evening was started with a "Booze Cruise" in our hosts' speedboat, where we anchored few km's out into the river. After being joined by two other boats and tying them together, we were ready to bring out the booze and chill. Most of the time was spent bobbing about in the river with our lifejackets being worn as nappies which enabled us to sit comfortably with our drinks in hand whilst floating about. I'm sure we all looked rather silly, but it was great fun!
After about an hour or two, we headed back, had a braai and got ready for the party ahead, which was a little rougher than I thought haha! My poor bf got two drinks spilt on him whilst we were inside dancing, so we ended up hanging out outside the place with a bunch of other people. Drinks were flowing and being passed around and thankfully I actually didnt get drunk! My drinks for the evening were as follows: 3x glasses of Graham Beck Blanc de Blanc Brut Champagne (though I may be incorrect about which champagne exactly - its the only label that looked familiar now), numerous swigs of champagne from the bottles being passed around (by people I knew, not just anyone haha), 1x SoCo & Lime, 3x Redds, 1x Jagermeister, 3x Jagerbombs (Jagermeister & Red Bull), swigs of tequila from a bottle being passed around, swigs of Po10cy (a caffine-fueled alcholic shooter), and a swig or two of a double brandy and creme soda.

Ended up going to bed at around 2am and woke up at around 9.30ish and had a fantastic breakfast of bacon and eggs! Then got ready to take the bf out to learn how to wakeboard!! Warwick graciously taught the bf to wakeboard, and by his 3rd try he was up!! Albeit for about 3 seconds hehe but on the 5th time he had an awesome ride of a good minute or few, which sound short, but really isnt while you're out there - I was so proud of him! He eventually tired and let go by choice, sinking graciously into the water, giving me a nice photo op! Then we headed home to laze about for the rest of the day. Another quieter booze cruise followed later that afternoon, where I took my camera along and got some scenic photos. We left promptly afterwards as the sun was setting and the drive back home was a long one, and got home at around 9.30pm. My bed never looked so good before! Hehe.

So, I hope you saw in the new year in a great way, and may the best of last year be the worst of this year!


The view from our place


The bf learning to wakeboard


Comfortably going on his 5th try!


Chillaxing


Yes, I was there too ;P


Our host, Warwick, going Titanic-style

More photos in Recent Photos...

4 comments:

  1. Ahh that sounds so relaxing and so fun! I grew up on the lake - we went every weekend - and I miss it so much! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied to the email you sent to me and it got sent back as undeliverable ... so here it is:

    I'm so glad we gave you a laugh! :) My grandmother was sick for many months before she died and I know how dark everything can be while someone you love is ill. I really wish you were here so I could do my hilarious impression of Edward Sausage Hands for you ... I wiggle my fingers as I say in a weird voice, "Can I sew that for you?" and it makes my husband laugh every time. :)

    I'm so sorry for your loss. Here are some big hugs from Philadelphia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me try this again. Last time I tried it would not add my comment. Looks like a great deal of fun was had. I have been towed behind a boat on a knee board and that was terrific fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Brian in PE. Also know as Geri-Rock from my Google account. It is short for Geriatric Rocker, you see I am a total Rock music addict, I listen to music all day and go through withdrawal if I don't have it for an hour or two. So if you see comments from Geri-Rock, know it is me.

    ReplyDelete